Sunday, May 25, 2008

clock is ticking


i've been squeezing in only 35 mile rides in the mornings. Nothing too exciting, i pass by few wineries, a couple of farmers selling fruits on the corners I've been juggling my time amongst packing all my things for the Big Ride and Optometry school, planning mine and j's bday party, finishing up the Big Ride Jersey that I designed for the American Lung Association and tying up all the loose ends before I take off. you see, I'm not coming back home. The moment I finish riding my bike and arrive at D.C., I fly out to Puerto Rico where i'll be going to optometry school. I haven't told my mom i won't be coming home after the ride because i know she'll freak out. But, I'll have to tell her soon. In any case, I finally found a place to live, its a 10x10 room for $375. It's pretty close to campus, but as soon as i get comfortable with my surroundings, i think i'll move closer towards the beach. I checked online, beach front studio or 1 bdrm apts for $800. That's a bargain. Try paying for that in california.
(to the left: J making corrections/improvements to the final event for our bday party)

No comments: