Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle



it's June 19th and my parents and my auntie sharon took me out to lunch before they brought me to the airport. It was my choice to pick the restaurant but was restricted to only a couple of options: dim sum at louie's, or dim sum at china palace. yum my two favorite restaurants (sense my sarcasm?). anyway, auntie sharon joined in on the ride for moral support. My mom typically has a nervous breakdown whenever she takes one of her children to the airport. Thanks, Auntie Sharon. But, to my surprise, my mom wasn't tugging at my ankles begging me not to go. She just waved good-bye while trying to hold back her tears.


I met up with my sister, Tifany (aka jia) and steph (gf) at the airport, rented the minivan (shoulda got 2 sedans, tsktsk jia) and headed to Jon's corporate housing apartment situated a block from pikes market and has a sweet view of the puget sound, to boot. My sister planned a jammed packed weekend filled with rapid waters, killer vista points, night hikes, tasty treats of seattle and a festival flanked with the crazy peeps of seattle (thanks for doing that jia, i had a great time) So in 5 days we all got a taste of what seattle has to offer, a beautiful city that rivals San Francisco (look at the picture above). The picture was taken by Chris Mullins, a great guy and photographer (jia's buddy)

No comments: