Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day 8 – Thompson Falls to Missoula

The only thing I hate on this earth is mo-skee-toes. They attacked me the moment I stepped out of the high school doors, 2 bites on my butt (it looks like a pair of boobs because they got me right in the middle of each cheek), at least 10 on my legs and one on each of pinky toes. My pinky toes? Really, are they that desperate? After we escaped the mosquito wrath we had a 101 mile trek which ends at the University of Montana. Ed and I motored through most of the ride until the 80th mile where we met up with Rachel, she had dizzy spells, perhaps from dehydration. I gave her one of my nuun tablets, an electrolyte supplement, and about an hour later she was good to go. Ed and I stayed with the group until a monster downhill came up and we couldn’t resist. We barreled down the highway at 49 mph, if I knew we were at 49 during the downhill I would’ve pushed harder to get to 50. Ed got a little wobbly because he put his stomach on his seat and his ass hanging just above his rear tire all this to get more aerodynamic (I can’t do that because I carry 2 extra bottles under my saddle and it gets in the way).

You can’t hear it but the train tooted its horn

One of many rest stops along the route. we had cookies (chocochip, snickerdoodles and oatmeal raisin), pbj's of course and water and gatorade.

No comments: