Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 11 – Avon to Townsend

We had a short 60 mile ride into Townsend, where we stayed at another high school. Only this time we couldn’t sleep in the gym for reasons idk. Although this was a short ride, we took forever getting to townsend. We knew going into this ride that there isn’t much to do in the small towns of Montana, so we stalled during the ride. Each rest stop we’d take an extra 20-30 minutes to bum around, chat and eat. We finally get to town around 330 and letty, catie and I went into town looking for some wine and cheese. The small market didn’t sell cheese but told me about a local deli that sells it. I moseyed on over to Full Belly Deli where there’s a wide variety of cheese to select from, so the clerk says. I was expecting at least 25 different cheeses, but there was only American, swiss, cheddar and muenster. I went with the muenster and some of their salami, which paired nicely with my merlot in a white Dixie cup.

When night fell a thunderstorm was a brewin’. In the distance, it looks really cool but when you’re directly under it a little scary. Some of the rider’s tents weren’t assembled correctly, zippered up, or just too damn big and flimsy to withstand the wind and rain. Lucky for me, i zippered up, staked it down, and everything remained dry.



we see a lot of this on our ride

No comments: