Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 22 Kadoka to Pierre

My Speedplay Pedals

Blown Tire


Pedal split in half, cell phone breaks, tire blows up. great day, eh? The last 25 miles I had to ride with one pedal. Not the most comfortable situation to be in, but i still managed to go 38mph on the downhill. Missing a pedal meant that i couldn't get out of the saddle and stand up during the climbs or during the ride. Having my foot slip off the rod of my pedal (the remaining piece of my pedal) wouldn't be good. I could either lose my balance and fall flat on my face or crunch my goods (which would you choose?). My tire blew up because i parked it next to the car in the sunlight. I needed to change my tire anyway. So no biggie. my cell phone i can't figure out. It might've gotten squished in the luggage. Hopefully, I can find an at&t dealer somewhere.

The panhandlers and homeless folks in the park steered some folks to book a motel room a block away. They were harmless but I still roomed with 4 other dudes. Five guys in one room could mean trouble. Especially, when one has a bday today. They were having a little too much fun …. Can you tell?

“wrestling”

post-coital (chad’s happy because he got his bday gift)


No comments: