Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 24 Miller to De Smet

The day started off rough. Half of us camped, the other half slept in the high school. I chose the high school, good idea; slept in the same room with Ash, bad idea (I thought he was noah –late riser). Ash is one of those dreaded early riser. I like the canuck, but does he really need to get up at 445 for a 6am bfast? (he’s not even on bfast duty). Whatever.

The ride started off with another “noah idiotic moment”. I might have some blame on this one, though. Me, ed and noah just started the paceline 1.2 miles away from where we left. I led the way and in the distance I could see james and steph stop and get off their bikes. I thought, “I hope everything’s alright with them” and then it dawned on me why they got off (but it was too late). Seconds later, I hear a bunch of loose gravel disguised as road under my tires and then a little sissy girl shrieked, “Oh, F*@!” I turned back only to see noah superman his handlebars again. He got some road rash on his elbow and a pair of shorts with a new set of pubic holes. At this rate, he’d never have to pay for another Brazilian. We couldn’t stop laughing at how he fell. He bunny hopped 1” to get onto the 1.5” elevated pavement, hence the fall (note to noah- don’t do anything that requires you to lift your front wheel over cement). At the University of Montana (Billings aka rimrock) he tried to copy Nick and “front wheelie” over a curb. Only this time he T-boned the curb and then crumbled to the parking lot floor, entertainment at its finest. I hope you guys don't think that I enjoy seeing people get hurt. It's just that even Noah starts laughing at how stupid he is and that's what makes it funny.

Noah Reenactment and battle wound from Fall #4 and #5

No comments: