Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 25 De Smet to Tyler, Minnesota

Dinner in the church's basement that gave a few others the poopies, including me

Weather forecasters predicted a thunderstorm during the middle of the night and clear up by morning. That didn’t happen. In fact, it started pouring rain after I woke up and went to the bathroom. Here I am stuck in the bathroom stall waiting out the storm, while everyone had their bags loaded on the truck and safely eating bfast in the church’s basement. I’m not sure if I wanted to eat the church’s bfast cuz their dinner gave me an upset stomach that lasted throughout this ride. Instead of the typical 3 water bottles filled with Gatorade and electrolytes, I packed an extra bottle of pepto with me. At first I thought I might not have washed my hands thoroughly enough after cleaning my bike, but 4 other riders had the same problem as me. Riding’s not fun when it’s cold, rainy and when you have the urge to throw up and have the poopies.
I would've taken a picture of the "welcome to minnesota" sign, but it was raining and i didn't bring my camera..

No comments: