Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day 13 Harlowton to Billings

view from the university of montana dorm room (rimrock)

A 90 mile ride followed by a century drew some concern, especially after eating 6 dogs, chips, ice cream and some beers for dinner. I didn’t know how my body would react to my junk food binge last night. To my surprise, this ride happened to be the easiest 90 mile ride of my biking experience. We finished the ride in 4.5 hours and could have done it faster if we pushed harder. For a couple miles, Ed and I paced ourselves at 33 mph, he led the way of course. I’m glad we got into town early so I can get my chores done and over with. I want to use the rest day to do absolutely nothing. Beyond Basil catered our dinner. They had an array of foods: quinoa with tomatoes and bell peppers, wild rice with oranges, papaya and dried cranberries, edamame garnished with shaved parmesan, corn and black bean salsa, lentils with squash and microgreens, grilled steak and mahi mahi. After dinner we decided to watch a Hancock. Only problem, the theater is supposedly 2 miles away. Some opted to walk, while 8 of us went for another joy ride …“Biker gang, roll out” (I feel like i'm part of hell's angels) We didn’t roll very far when the rain started pouring down. It was okay with me because I had my goretex rain jacket. I felt bad for those who walked because the theater was actually 6 miles away. But there’s a trade-off because those who rode in watched the movie in soggy underwear.

No comments: