Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 29 Owatonna to Winona 90 miles

alumni sag stop

Ed and I arrived first into Alumni sag stop. Ane, last years alumni rider, happened to be a couple miles before the rest stop and alerted us of the surprise break, where we ate sliced fresh fruit, brewed coffee, donuts (jelly-filled kind too.), all this for free. then 5 miles after the rest stop we discover 2 little kids selling those Dixie cups you find at the dentist to pour mouthwash into filled with lemonade for $0.25 with no refills. Idk how these kids can stay in business with a product like that. McDonalds didn’t become the largest chain restaurant in the world selling Dixie cup full of sodas with no refills. I would’ve supported the tikes but i don't carry cash and they didn’t take credit card or atm.

lemonade stand...the con artists disguised as little children...don't be fooled by their cuteness.

After we rode through some more cornfields and into Winona, Steve bitched at me for overlapping his tire. But I didn’t and I proved it. I went up to his tire and asked him if he considered that overlapping and he said yes. I quickly served to the other side of his tire to show that i wasn't. He flipped out and told me to “never F’n do that again or I’ll intentionally run over you.” I’m gonna stop because he could beat me in an Indian leg wrestling match. (Although he's known as "the rocketman" he should be renamed “quadzilla” because he's thighs are almost as big as catie's). Speaking of catie, she had a bike accident. Idk what exactly happened, but she'll be fine. Rumor has it, she pulled a "noah" and clipped the side of the elevated pavement and went tumbling. She's not quite as gummy as noah and couldn't bounce up off the ground like him. So, she has a slight sprain in the right shoulder and level 2 sprain in her wrist.

noah, me and steven...steve and i kissed and made up after a slight discrepency in riding/personal space

No comments: