Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 20 Rapid City Rest Day



Crazy Horse - final dimensions will be 641 feet (195 m) wide and 563 feet (172 m) high. The head of Crazy Horse will be 87 feet (27 m) high; by comparison, the heads of the four U.S. Presidents at Mt. Rushmore are each 60 feet (18 m) high. http://www.crazyhorse.org/




The rest day wasn’t really a rest day. It was a fun filled day packed with site-seeing , car shows and wine tasting. First stop, the laundry room, whoa-who. I had to get my laundry done because my clothes smelled like “dewayne” funk. As soon as my errands were done, we set off to do the fun stuff. Next stop Bear Country USA, where live animals freely roam around. For the most part, they just find shade and sleep. Kinda like what we do when we finish our daily ride. The most impressive display in south Dakota is Crazy horse. He’s not found in Bear Country. In fact, he’s not even an animal. Crazy horse was the Lakota Indian Leader and is being sculpted into the side of the mountain. Although it’s not complete, it’s still worth a look-see. On the way back home, steph and I checked out a car show and sampled some wine at the Prairie Berry Winery. Their berry wines are light-bodied and very sweet. Not my cup o’ tea. I prefer more full-bodied and complex flavored wines, like cabs, not like I’m a wine connoisseur or anything. If you want to start wine tasting, Prairie Berry might be for you (mom). It tastes like welch’s with a hint of alcohol.
Ford Cobra
Prairie Berry Winery



No comments: